Friday, July 22, 2011

yogaworks for someone... just not everybody

Another one hits the dust! and another one does...... I could pretty much qoute my previous review but this one was just a tad better. This time I did a yogaworks video that I actually bought on itunes for a pretty little penny. It had rave reviews once again but just like the last video it felt a little more gym and not so much zen feeling yoga. The only difference was that it actually had yoga moves and sun salutations. I was so annoyed by the video, 30 minutes into it I turned it off. The instructor kept talking throughout the entire video as if she couldn't relax herself. I thought yoga was about mind/body union? Instead, this video was purely exercise and not relaxing at all. On the upside, during the instructors constant blabber she did explain proper positioning pretty well for a video. I guess it just was not my cup of midnight tea...
On the other hand I performed yoga journals free itunes podcast am yoga this morning and was totally satisfied. The sequence was challenging, invigorating, and calming all at the same time. Which is the kind of zen tea I prefer to sip.

Alas, tomorrow is another day and maybe I will find a new practice video to quench my yoga thirst on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment