Wednesday, July 27, 2011

21 day challenge: week 1

Im a week into my 21 day personal yoga challenge. On average I probably do about 30 minutes every day. Since I am currently traveling, I have been using several different yoga videos. I have found some really good videos but they definitely don't replace going to the studio. I doubt I have lost any weight because I like to eat way too much especially when I travel. Im sort of a foodie. Regardless of losing weight, I feel 100 times better every day. Yoga has helped me to really get the blood flowing to my muscles, which in turn relieves my aches and pains. I have a better outlook on life and I can finally think clearly through situations before I react ( well maybe not all situations but thats just a a part of who I am). I have never been too keen on any daily ritual except sleep but I cling to yoga like some do to the bible. It has really been a spiritual experience, it makes me want to be a better person inside and out.

I have decided that 21 day challenges could be really great for jump starting a healthier lifestyle. Therefore, every few weeks I am going to give myself a new health challenge. I really began doing yoga almost every other day for a couple of weeks before my 21 day commitment but I felt the need for a real lifestyle commitment. In addition , I chose to drop most beverages, besides the ever addicting mocha frappe, for water due to its many health benefits. My next personal challenge is going to be organic/ whole food eating for 21 days. I wont be starting til next week but I have been doing a lot of research in the meantime. It will be extremely difficult since I travel to work and require a lot of fast, easy to prepare, frozen foods for 3 nights a week. Fortunately, I am pretty convinced that Amy's frozen foods will help me through those difficult times. In addition, it will require a tremendous amount of planning since I prefer to buy local produce and meats. I feel a little overwhelmed by the idea but I believe it is a change I have been wanting to make for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment