Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Raawr for Raw Food

I know, I know!!! I haven't wrote in quite sometime. All of my health habits have taken a back seat to dealing with moving, working, and planning mini vacations. My weight got down to 128 lbs but then I indulged in a few Cola drinks and take out food. Needless to say my weight bumped up to 135.6 lbs. Of course that got me searching for something new.

I had read about how Tracy Anderson tried a raw food diet and got super skinny. Consequently, I decided to investigate this whole idea that I had once refused to ever try. I bought a few books that really explain the whole concept and give a few recipes. I admit it, I am terrified to try any of the recipes. I just imagine that all of the recipes taste like moldy whole wheat bread or carob chips.... yuck!!
One of the books suggested that one should ease into the raw food lifestyle. I feel like this concept completely eliminates the pressure to be perfect all of the time. It seems every time I try something new I dive in head first, start drowning, then get out as soon as I can. I can deal with baby steps.My current plan has been to consume raw foods until dinner time. At dinner time I maintain a vegetarian meal but it is often heated ( and bad for me..oops).

I only started eating raw food about 3 days ago. So far, I feel like I have done a million sit ups ( although I haven't done anything active), I had a mild headache, and I have intense carbohydrate cravings at dinner time. I mean I ate two biscuits with honey like a ravished animal one night. Then tonight, I had a serious craving for lo mein... which may or may not have been triggered by the sight of my new asian neighbors.... just saying. In addition my bladder feels like it has been stretched past capacity. It seriously aches from all the water my body has been processing. I have also noticed that my stomach feels fine until I eat my heated dinner. After that my stomach area gets cramps and I feel like crap for several hours. I suppose this is my body trying to tell me to just stick with raw fruits and veggies?

So onto another health adventure I go.. maybe I can stick with this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment