Thursday, August 11, 2011

21 days yoga complete

I am finished with my 21 days of yoga... have I lost a million pounds? do I have ripped biceps? what about the elusive yoga butt?... No, no, and no I didnt get any of those things. Instead I received peace of mind and a solid habit of doing something good for my body every day. I have noticed that I have gotten stronger and I am able to transition from plank to cobra the correct way without flopping on the floor. I see subtle changes in my posture and my back feels a lot better. I haven't gained weight but maybe lost .5 lbs. I just have not cared about the fast results since I heard from several blogs that a yoga transformation is slow and steady.

My current challenge has been to eat a clean/whole foods diet. I have been able to do this just about every day although I have cheated a few times by drinking a coke or frappe at work... hey our tap water literally tastes like dirt. I have noticed that since I started to mainly drink water I have been blessed with the caffeine DT's aka migraines. Not so fun but hopefully I can get past them. The current challenge has really pushed me to eat healthier and caused me to experiment with preparing vegetables in ways I never imagined. I have fallen in love with beats, whole wheat flour, and quinoa. I pretty much love this new lifestyle approach and I can see myself sticking with it in the long run... Unfortunately I have discovered chocolate covered bananas in the organic frozen section of my grocery store. I have rationalized that they are better for me than ice cream and that it is ok for me to eat a whole box in one sitting lol ( well maybe not the whole box but definitely half the box). The sweet bananas with their rich fudge coating are to DIE FOR!!SERIOUSLY!!

I still havent decided on a new 21 day exercise challenge... Im thinking that it will consist of pilates/ yoga and possibly zumba. I feel like I need to throw some cardio into my routine at least 3-6 days a week. The only problem for me is time and consistency... I dont have much time on the days I work to do anything at all. On those days I have to force myself to do yoga before I zonk out from exhaustion. So doing cardio on those days isn't very realistic but none the less I could get a few days in a week. I will probably have to go buy some zumba dvds to stay on track. Fortunately, we have a great zumba instructor at my yoga studio but I can only get into see her like 1-2 days a week. Anyhow I will post my next challenge on here in a couple of days....

Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time. ~Deborah Chaskin


No comments:

Post a Comment